Hall A4 | Booth 225
Munich, Germany | October 25, 2022 – Kohler Power today announced expansions in its global footprint and clean energy initiatives at the Bauma tradeshow in Munich. For 106 years, Kohler has been a pioneer in the power industry. As the way in which power is delivered changes, Kohler Power continues to develop solutions for an ever-changing market.
“The role of energy in the resiliency of homes, commercial structures and communities is crucial. We’re building upon our trusted legacy of being the first to deliver market changing innovations by pushing boundaries on what’s possible with a keen eye on reducing environmental impact,” says Brian Melka, Kohler Power Group President.
Environmental sustainability is inherently core to Kohler’s operations and products, driven by Kohler’s sustainability and social impact strategy, Believing in Better. One of the pillars within Believing in Better is Better Planet, under which the company is improving its operational footprint while designing environmentally friendly products that help its customers and consumers to reduce their own environmental impact.
“Our business transformation is focused on providing industry-leading electrification, hybrid solutions, alternative fuels and innovative products to our customers,” says Francis Perrin, Vice President of Marketing for Kohler Power. “Everything we have done and are doing is geared not only to deliver industry-leading products to exceed market needs, but also to drive continuous improvement.”
Kohler’s capabilities have never been more diverse than they are today – electrifying off-highway applications, continuing to strengthen microgrid strategy and advancing core offerings. Nearly all investment in new products and recent growth delivers on Kohler’s commitment to a better planet and providing unparalleled service.
- Expanded operations and capability at multiple facilities:
- In Mosel, Wisconsin, Kohler’s industrial generator facility growth includes a 155,000-square-foot expansion of state-of-the-art production and testing space, increased warehousing space and a world-class customer experience center.
- In Hattiesburg, Mississippi, Kohler’s engine facility now houses a state-of-the-art residential generator assembly operation and has climbed to more than 1,000 associates.
- In Reggio Emilia, Italy, Kohler has created a model plant for automation and digital data management within the facility.
- In Aurangabad, India, Kohler has expanded its engine factory in support of a game-changing engine launch, the KSD, which has become the market disruptor in engines of this class, with multiple best engine awards.
- Major acquisitions of Curtis Instruments and Heila Technologies drives hybridization and electrification efforts, as well as expand portfolio offerings with Heila’s patented technology to integrate and optimize distributed renewable energy resources to provide reliable power when the grid cannot.
- Kohler’s EFI engines continue to deliver market-leading fuel efficiency and power density, and recent launches of the KDI and KSD diesel engines families highlight a focus on continuing to drive operational efficiencies, like fuel efficiency and power density, as one of the key opportunities on the path to a Better Planet.
- The company is working diligently on environmentally friendly fuel solutions. This means exploring cleaner energy such as bio diesel, HVO and hydrogen. HVO, a synthetic fuel that is cleaner than standard diesel, is already approved in Kohler’s diesel engines and mission-critical generators, and through Kohler’s relationship with Innio, the company already has hydrogen-ready solutions for large power applications and are actively working on hydrogen-powered engines and generators for 2023.
Today more than ever, Kohler is building the foundation for future growth by integrating environmental sustainability into the company’s overall strategy as part of its Believing in Better operating philosophy. Kohler believes they have a responsibility to make the world a better place by providing cleaner energy solutions backed by the resilience and power customer’s trust.
About Kohler Power
A global force in power solutions since 1920, Kohler manufactures engines and complete power systems, including generators (portable, marine, residential, commercial and industrial), automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls, and accessories for emergency, prime power and energy-management applications all around the world. The business is committed to reliable, leading edge power-generation products, clean energy solutions, as well as comprehensive after-sale support. For more details, please visit kohlerpower.com.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wisconsin, Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies comprised of more than 40,000 associates. With more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide, Kohler is a global leader in the design, innovation and manufacture of kitchen and bath products; engines and power systems; luxury cabinetry and tile; and owner/operator of two, five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations in Kohler, Wisconsin, and St. Andrews, Scotland. The company also develops solutions to address pressing issues, such as clean water and sanitation, for underserved communities around the world to enhance the quality of life for current and future generations. For more details, please visit kohlercompany.com.