One thing to keep in mind: this is not a DIY project. It all begins with a home visit or virtual site visit with your KOHLER dealer.
They’ll help you choose the perfect size generator, the right fuel source and the best installation locations for your generator and transfer switch.
KOHLER dealers are carefully selected and trained to ensure your experience exceeds your expectations. Friendly, helpful and ready to serve, KOHLER dealers are a cut above the rest. But don’t take our word for it.
Get the inside scoop from the dealers who do this every day.
Most installations take a day or two. And your KOHLER dealer will take care of it all. They’ll coordinate a team of licensed electricians and pipefitters to make sure the job’s done right.
Here’s how it works: Here’s how it works:
1. The electrician will install your transfer switch first.
2. After that's installed, the team will move your generator in place.
3. Electric lines will then be connected from your transfer switch to your generator.
4. Once electric is hooked up, your pipefitter will make the proper connections from the fuel source to the generator.
5. After electric and fuel is hooked up, your generator is ready to start and protect your business.
Installation costs vary significantly from business to business due to the ease/difficulty of installing your fuel source (propane or natural gas). A simple installation can start at $2,000, but costs may be substantially more based on individual situations. We recommend a professional site survey for a more accurate quote.
Kick up your feet and rest easy. Where permits are required we will handle local permits and ordinances so you don’t have to.
If you want to schedule a site visit, get a quote or just want to talk to a professional, follow the links below.
Get helpful safety & maintenance tips, learn about generator care, and be the first to know about new products when you sign up for our monthly newsletter.